2018 is set to be another exciting year for BC Culture Days, with many new projects on the horizon! To support this year's campaign, we are pleased to announce that, once again, we will be inviting BC artists to apply to our BC Culture Days Artist Ambassador Program. Up to eight selected applicants from across BC will receive $1,000 each, as an honorarium and production budget for presenting a Culture Days activity. Deadline: March 21, 2018.
The Culture Days Ambassador acts as a spokesperson for BC Culture Days and as a community mobilizer leading up to the Culture Days weekend (September 28-30, 2018).
"I believe that [Culture Days] instilled a sense of pride and created a unique framework for me to continue my mentorship with the youth in my community, continuing to build future leaders for tomorrow." Roxanne Charles, Semiahmoo First Nation
"Being a Culture Days Ambassador has provided me the opportunity to be a conduit for business owners and organizations that are open and eager to engage the public in what they do best. I am thankful to BC Culture Days for hiring me to pursue my passions, and through this experience, I have been appointed to Summerland's Cultural Development Committee!" Bobby Bovenzi, Summerland.
Eligibility Requirements - The applicant must be:
- An individual artist (amateur or professional) residing in BC. (Applications from organizations, businesses, or groups are not eligible);
- Active in their arts, culture, or heritage community;
- Present and available to act as a spokesperson in their community during the months of May-September 2018;
- Prepared to register an activity at BC.CultureDays.ca to present during the 2018 Culture Days weekend, September 28-30, 2018 (*Please note that registration opens in April); and
- Must provide references from two local arts, culture, or heritage organizations.
Ambassador responsibilities include:
- Networking and mobilizing — Reaching out to community members such as individual artists, arts organizations, cultural organizations, heritage organizations, and businesses, encouraging them to offer activities during the Culture Days weekend.
- Promoting — Encouraging public participation and discussion about Culture Days through in-person interviews with community members, blog posts, and social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. They may also be asked to help activate a local pop-up event or partner event leading up to the Culture Days weekend (an additional honorarium would be provided in this case).
- Organizing — Registering, coordinating, and presenting a free activity for the public over the Culture Days weekend.
- Representing — Acting as a spokesperson and media contact for BC Culture Days. In collaboration with local community organizers and BC Culture Days staff, the ambassador may be asked to present an activity at a community planning session or participate in TV, radio, and newspaper interviews on behalf of BC Culture Days.
How to apply:
Please visit BC.CultureDays.ca to complete the online application form.
Submissions will be juried by members of the BC Culture Days Steering Committee and finalists will be called for an interview. Selected applicants will be awarded $1,000 (includes $500 ambassador honorarium + $500 activity budget).
Ambassadors will be required to submit a final report in October.
For more information, please contact Nazanin Shoja at email@example.com or 604.681.3535 ext. 214.