The Reichhold Industries Limited – Port Moody facility manufactures four classes of resin product: alkyd/urethane coating resins, polyester resins, latex emulsion resins and alkyd emulsion resins. The plant located at 50 Douglas St. in Port Moody was opened in 1951. Reichhold Industries, Ltd. is an indirectly wholly-owned subsidiary of Reichhold Industries, Inc.
All production operations are single line, batch processes. Production activities at the site include: Bulk raw material unloading and storage (tanker truck / rail car to storage tanks); Drum/package raw material unloading and storage; Batch chemical manufacturing; Thinning/blending; Filtration; Finished Goods Storage (Bulk and Drum); and, Finished goods loading (storage tanks to tanker truck / rail car).
In general, the alkyd/urethane, latex emulsion & alkyd emulsions coating resins go into commercial paints and coatings. Polyesters are unsaturated, and are used in the hard plastics industry, often to produce items such as counter tops and boat hulls.
- Year Established:1951
- 9 acres
- 26 employees
- Materials incoming: Various solvents, vegetable oils, glycols and monomers
- Transport of incoming: Incoming materials are delivered to the site via tanker trucks, tanker cars and box trailers.
- Material outgoing: Finished products (unsaturated polyester resins, coating resins, latex emulsions resins and alkyd emulsion resins)
- Hazardous materials onsite: The majority of hazardous onsite materials are flammable products
- Fire protection: The plant is equipped with a wet and dry fire protection system that is designed to protect from the various types of fire hazards the plant may face.
- Total taxes levied in 2011: $370,136.92