Port Moody's Street Performers Program has been created with the following objectives:
Acceptable street performances include: musicians, dancers, actors, jugglers, magicians, sidewalk chalk art, circus & theatrical.
- Animating specific areas of Port Moody with artistic performances
- Providing opportunities for young and established artists to showcase their craft
- Provide equal access and opportunity to all artists in the program
- Work with local organizations to provide suitable street performing sites
Interested performers will be required to submit a Street Performers Application, a CD/DVD or link to YouTube/MySpace (or other website) that includes a sample of your performance, and $25 Permit fee. You will be notified by email if your application has been accepted. The permit application process can take up to three weeks.
The following is a list of permitted street performing locations in Port Moody along with maximum performance duration:
- Port Moody parks (2 hours)
- Port Moody Civic Complex exterior (1 Hour)
- Newport Village (performers must be approved by Newport Village)
- Queen Street Plaza (2 hours)
Check out the Street Performers Program for complete information.
For more information contact the Cultural Services Manager at 604.469.4689.
A juggler entertaining the crowds
Last updated: 23/04/2014 3:40:39 PM