The City of Port Moody completes a five-year financial plan, which is updated every year, to ensure responsible money management that relates directly to the priorities identified by the community.
How does the City develop its financial plan?
- City Council approves the preparation of the five-year financial plan.
- The Finance Department addresses the financial position with the City's management team.
- The Finance Department coordinates budget submissions from the departments.
- The City's management team holds a number of meetings to finalize the proposed Five-Year Financial Plan for Council's review.
- The proposed Five-Year Financial Plan is presented to Council.
- Financial Plan Bylaw is prepared based on Council decisions, given three readings and adopted.
Why does Port Moody prepare a financial plan?
Having a financial plan:
- provides City staff with clear direction and the authority to pay for services for Port Moody residents
- ensures City staff are accountable to the residents
- meets the requirements of the Local Government Act.
2012 Budget information
View the the 2012 - 2016 Financial plan presentation to Council
2012 - 2016 Operating Master
Capital Budget Summary - 2012
Capital Budget Summary - 2013
Capital Budget Summary - 2014
Capital Budget Summary - 2015
Capital Budget Summary - 2016
Last updated: 27/02/2013 3:34:20 PM