- How do the Port Moody utility rates compare to rates in neighbouring cities?
- How can I pay online?
- How can I downsize or upsize my garbage cart?
- What do I do if I didn’t receive my bill?
- How can I view my Utility Bill Online or register for eBilling?
- How can I update my name or address information?
- What happened to the discount on my utility bill?
1. How do the Port Moody utility rates compare to rates in neighbouring cities?
Port Moody is quite comparable to other cities in terms of the pricing for these four services. However some cities bill differently (i.e. the sewer charges are included on the tax bill as opposed to the utility bill) so the final utility bill charge may look different than the Port Moody bill. Here are the rates for all three Tri-City municipalities so you can compare.
|| Charged with property tax
| Port Coquitlam
|| Charged with Property Tax
2. How can I pay online?
There are two options for online payment:
- Pay online using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
- Pay using your bank's online or tele-banking services.
Select City of Port Moody Utilities as the bill payee and then enter your utility account number as found on your bill (this is a 5 digit number)
3. How can I downsize or upsize my garbage cart?
If you want to change your garbage cart size please call the Works Yard at 604.469.4574 or complete the upsize or downsize forms on this page.
4. What do I do if I didn’t receive my bill?
If you did not receive your bill please call the tax department immediately at 604.469.4503 and a new copy of your bill will be sent. Please note that all due dates and penalties still apply even if you did not receive your copy of the notice.
5. How can I view my Utility Bill online or register for eBilling?
Port Moody is pleased to announce the launch of myPortMoody, which is an online service that lets homeowners and businesses access information any time about their City of Port Moody property taxes, utilities, dogs and business licences. Register for myPortMoody.
6. How can I update my name or address information?
Any changes to the ownership of a property, including name changes, should be filed at the Land Registry Office, Suite 300, 88 Sixth Street, New Westminster, BC V3L 5B3.
We need your correct name/address in order to mail a utility notice to you. If you move, or if the address to which your utility notice should be mailed has changed, notify the BC Assessment Authority by clicking the link or by phone, 604.294.6441.
Unless a new address is provided, we will rely on address (and ownership) records of the Land Title Office, provided to us by the BC Assessment Authority.
It is your responsibility to enquire if you don't receive your utility notice by the middle of January.
7. What happened to the discount on my utility bill?
The discount incentive you’re used to seeing on your utility bill is now included in your rate. The change is primarily administrative, as you are still paying the “discounted amount” if you pay by the due date of February 28th.”