Record number of nominations received for Port Moody’s 2018 Spike Business Awards
The nominations – a record 1,142 – are in for Port Moody’s 2018 Spike Business Awards.
The Spike Business Awards celebrate the contribution of small businesses to the local community, and are presented each year during Small Business Week in Canada. This year’s winners will be recognized at a gala at Port Moody City Hall on October 18, 2018.
The City’s Economic Development Committee will choose from 137 local businesses, nominated by Port Moody residents, to select winners in the following eight categories:
Visit portmoody.ca/spikeawards to read the list of nominees for 2018.
- Arts in Business (203 nominations) – this business integrates art and culture into its commercial operations;
- Business Spirit (193 nominations) – this business cares for its employees and is committed to enhancing the well-being of the broader community;
- Customer Service (351 nominations) – this business is known for providing exceptional customer service to individuals and/or other businesses;
- Environmental Leadership (58 nominations) – this business is committed to following environmental best practices to meet the needs of future generations;
- Home-Based Business (17 nominations) – this business demonstrates the outstanding spirit and commitment needed for a successful, home-based business;
- Street Appeal (101 nominations) – this business puts its best face forward to make a curbside statement;
- Technology and Innovation (40 nominations) – this business introduces new methods, ideas, or products that shake up established ways of doing things; and
- Tourist Destination (179 nominations) – this business is known among locals as a great place to bring out-of-town visitors.