Gatensbury Road closed to vehicle traffic October 2018 through May 2019
Gatensbury Road from Grant Street to Bartlett Avenue will be closed to all vehicle traffic for road reconstruction and utility work between October 2018 and May 2019.
Construction is set to begin the week of October 1, 2018. The City of Port Moody asks commuters to use an alternative route to reach their destination. Local residents will continue to have access to their property during the construction period.
The Gatensbury Road Improvement Project will include a new multi-use pathway on the west side of the road, concrete median dividers on curved sections, better sight lines for drivers, and enhanced street lighting.
The project also includes:
This investment in our infrastructure will improve safety for drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians, and help us ensure consistent and safe operations of the utilities that serve our residents.
- new curb and gutter on both sides of the road;
- full-depth road reconstruction;
- lane width modifications/grade changes;
- line painting and improved signage;
- new fire hydrants;
- removal of asphalt ditches;
- replacement of the existing watermain; and
- installation of a new storm main with additional catch basins.
The City thanks residents and commuters for their co-operation during the construction period. Please visit portmoody.ca/gatensbury to check for updates on the status of the project.