Mayor’s Summertime Celebration
July 27, 2018 3:00 PM - 6:30 PM
The Mayor’s Summertime Celebration kicks off at 3pm with a free barbeque. Members of the Port Moody Volunteer Firefighters’ Association will be grilling hot dogs generously provided by Thrifty Foods (while supplies last). Beat the heat with a freezie and juice box, say hello to the Mayor, and spend some time with your neighbours.
Little and big kids alike will find plenty of summer fun at this event.
- Hop around in the bouncy castle, race through the obstacle course, and take a ride down the enormous inflatable slide.
- Be sure to visit the face painter and caricature artist.
- Make a button, take part in the Captain Underpants diaper toss, and make a hilarious face at the superhero photo booth, all put on by the Port Moody Public Library.
- Mike Norden, 2017's Children's Entertainer of the Year, performs his wacky magic show between 4-4:45pm.
- Catch performances by the stylishly retro-chique Beauty Shop Dolls between 4:45-5:30pm.
- Clavinova Nights cap off the day at 6pm with their signature blend of jazz, blues and upbeat dance music.
Parking will be limited. The City recommends alternative modes of transportation, such as bus (see TransLink’s Trip Planner) or SkyTrain (exit the train at Inlet Centre Station, then walk north on Ioco Road and west on Newport Drive).