Back Row, left to right: Councillor Vagramov, Councillor Junker, Councillor Royer, Councillor Madsen
Front row, left to right: Councillor Lahti, Mayor Clay, Councillor Dilworth
Incorporated in 1913, the City of Port Moody provides services to its 33,000 residents under the direction of Mayor & Council. Mayor & Council’s primary role is to ensure the smooth running of the City.
Council’s responsibility is to:
- consider the interests and well-being of the public and the City
- establish and update goals and policies
- determine which services the City provides
- ensure that the City’s operations are transparent
- ensure long range financial stability
- plan for the future needs of the City
- ensure that the community is aware of the City’s goals, performance and achievements
- select the City Manager, define their duties and responsibilities and evaluate performance.
The Mayor is Port Moody’s chief executive officer. He is responsible for:
- providing leadership and guidance to Port Moody residents and businesses
- providing leadership to Council and chair Council meetings when in attendance
- speaking on behalf of the City of Port Moody
- providing, through the City Manger, general direction to City staff about carrying out policies, programs and other directions of Council
Read more about Council's role, duties, and responsibilities in the Guidelines and orientation for elected officials document.
Mayor & Council are accountable to the residents of Port Moody. As a resident, your input matters! Learn how you can be part of the process. Remember that voting is the most important way to participate.
Port Moody Council has officially adopted their 2015 – 2018 Strategic Plan. Developing a strategic plan has been a top priority for this new Council to articulate their long-term vision and priorities for their term in office. The plan demonstrates how the City will meet the challenges of ongoing local, regional and global change, and provides a framework for decision-making and the delivery of services.
Council Meetings take place every second and fourth Tuesday of the month in Council Chambers (Inlet Theatre), usually beginning at 7pm. If you can’t attend the meeting, watch it live online or on our archive of council meeting videos. You can reach all elected officials as a group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Send a fax to 604.469.4664.
Please note that, in most cases, written and email correspondence addressed to Mayor and Council become public documents once received by the City.
Alternatively, contact Stephanie Williamson, executive assistant to Mayor & Council, at 604.469.4501.