Back Row, left to right: Councillor Vagramov, Councillor Junker, Councillor Royer, Councillor Glumac
Front row, left to right: Councillor Lahti, Mayor Clay, Councillor Dilworth
Incorporated in 1913, the City of Port Moody provides services to its 33,000 residents under the direction of Mayor & Council. Mayor & Council’s primary role is to ensure the smooth running of the City.
Council’s responsibility is to:
- consider the interests and well-being of the public and the City
- establish and update goals and policies
- determine which services the City provides
- ensure that the City’s operations are transparent
- ensure long range financial stability
- plan for the future needs of the City
- ensure that the community is aware of the City’s goals, performance and achievements
- select the City Manager, define their duties and responsibilities and evaluate performance.
The Mayor is Port Moody’s chief executive officer. He is responsible for:
- providing leadership and guidance to Port Moody residents and businesses
- providing leadership to Council and chair Council meetings when in attendance
- speaking on behalf of the City of Port Moody
- providing, through the City Manger, general direction to City staff about carrying out policies, programs and other directions of Council
Read more about Council's role, duties, and responsibilities in the Guidelines and orientation for elected officials document.
Mayor & Council are accountable to the residents of Port Moody. As a resident, your input matters! Learn how you can be part of the process. Remember that voting is the most important way to participate.
Council Meetings take place every second and fourth Tuesday of the month in Council Chambers (Inlet Theatre), usually beginning at 7pm. If you can’t attend the meeting, watch it on TV or on our archive of council meeting videos. Meetings are taped and broadcast on Shaw Cable 4 at 9am the following Saturday.
You can reach all elected officials as a group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Send a fax to 604.469.4664.
Alternatively, contact Janice Mazzone, executive assistant to Mayor & Council, at 604.469.4501.
You may also visit the Mayor during his ‘Open Door Monday.’ Call his executive assistant at 604.469.4501 for times.