Port Moody's By-Election is September 30, 2017
The City of Port Moody will hold a local by-election to fill one vacant seat on the City’s seven-member council. General voting day will be Saturday, September 30, 2017. Voting hours are 8am-8pm.
View candidate profiles, background information, nomination documents, and financial disclosure statements
On general voting day, there will be three polling stations open 8am-8pm:
Advance voting opportunities will take place September 20 and 23, 2017, at the Port Moody Recreation Complex.
The City will also offer additional voting opportunities via an extended mail-in ballot period starting September 11, 2017. Pick up a ballot during our extended office hours, mail it back at your convenience, or drop it off at City Hall (100 Newport Drive). We’ll be open from 8am to 8pm on the following dates for ballot pick-up and drop off:
- Monday, September 18 (City Hall, 100 Newport Drive)
- Tuesday, September 19 (City Hall, 100 Newport Drive)
- Thursday, September 21 (City Hall, 100 Newport Drive)
- Friday, September 22 (8am-5pm City Hall, 100 Newport Drive, 5pm-8pm Conference Room at the Rec Complex, 300 Ioco Road)
All ballots must be received by the Chief Election Officer no later than 8pm on September 30. You can also request a mail-in ballot by calling 604.469.4603, or emailing email@example.com.
Get on the Provincial Voter's List
The City of Port Moody uses the Provincial List of Voters as the Register of Resident Electors. If you are on the Provincial List of Voters for Port Moody, you are already registered to vote in the Port Moody By-Election.
If you are not on the list of registered electors, register at time of voting by completing the required application form available at each voting place. To be eligible to register as a resident elector, you must meet qualifications at time of voting, including:
If you are not a Port Moody resident but own property in the City, you may be eligible to register as a non-resident property elector. A non-resident property elector must meet the first three requirements listed above, and be a registered owner of real property in the City of Port Moody for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration.
- 18 years of age or older on general voting day;
- a Canadian citizen;
- a resident of B.C. for at least 6 months immediately before the day of registration; and
- a resident of the City of Port Moody for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration.