Port Moody’s General Election is Saturday, October 20, 2018
The City of Port Moody is holding a general election to elect one Mayor, six Councillors, and two School Trustees. Your Council drives the vision of the City and its services through their strategic plan, public consultation, policies, and bylaws.
There are lots of ways to get out and vote!
Pick up a ballot at Port Moody City Hall (100 Newport Drive) anytime between 8am and 8pm starting Tuesday, October 9 until Friday, October 19. Mail the completed ballot at your convenience, or drop it off at City Hall. All ballots must be received by the Chief Election Officer no later than 8pm on Saturday, October 20. You can also request a mail-in ballot by calling 604.469.4603, or emailing email@example.com.
There are advance voting opportunities on Wednesday, October 10 and Saturday, October 13. Cast your advance vote in the ParkView Room at Port Moody City Hall (100 Newport Drive). Polls are open 8am-8pm.
General Voting Day
General voting day is Saturday, October 20. Vote at the Port Moody Recreation Complex (300 Ioco Road), Kyle Centre (125 Kyle Street), Heritage Mountain Community Centre (200 Panorama Place), or Glenayre Community Centre (492 Glencoe Drive). Polls are open 8am to 8pm.
Community Opinion Question
When voting, qualified electors in Port Moody will also be asked to share their opinion on the proposed sale, partial sale, or lease of the former Fire Hall and existing Works Yard sites to pay for one or more potential community improvements. Find out more.
All Candidates Debates
- The Moody Centre Association is holding and All Candidates Meeting at 6:45pm on Thursday, October 4, 2018 at Kyle Centre (125 Kyle Street)
- The Glenayre Community Association is holding an All Candidates Debate from 7-9pm on Friday, October 5 at Glenayre Elementary (495 Glencoe Drive)
- The Pleasantside Ioco Communities Associations are holding an All Candidate Councillor Forum on Wednesday October 10, 7-8:30pm Old Orchard Hall (645 Bentley Road)
- The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce All Candidates Debate is from 7-9pm on Thursday, October 11 at Inlet Theatre (100 Newport Drive)
- School District 43 District 43 Board of Trustees Candidates meeting is happening from 6:30-8pm at Winslow Centre, (100 Winslow Avenue, Coquitlam)
- The Pleasantside Ioco Communities Associations are holding a Mayoral Debate on Wednesday October 17, between 7-8:30pm at Old Orchard Hall (645 Bentley Road)