The City of Port Moody is scheduled to begin the Newport Drive Crosswalk Improvements Project in February 2019 and construction is expected to take approximately six weeks.
This project is part of TransPort Moody, the City’s Master Transportation Plan, and the purpose of the work is to improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers.
Construction improvements related to safety and walkability include:
- construction of three raised crosswalks on Newport Drive;
- improved sight lines for drivers;
- removal of one street tree;
- planting of two street trees;
- enhanced drainage;
- asphalt paving reconstruction; and
- line painting, rainbow crosswalk, and improved signage.
Newport Village residents and businesses were invited to an information session on July 25, 2018 to learn about the project and share feedback on the proposed designs. Based on the input provided by attendees, staff revised the design so that all three crosswalks will be raised crosswalks.
Last updated: 01/02/2019 9:55:03 AM