The City uses the Provincial Voters' List
The City of Port Moody uses the Provincial List of Voters as the Register of Resident Electors. If you are on the Provincial List of Voters for Port Moody, you are already registered to vote in the Port Moody General Election.
If you are not on the list of registered electors, register at time of voting by completing the required application form available at each voting place. To be eligible to register as a resident elector, you must meet these qualifications at time of voting:
Residents who are not on the list of registered electors must:
- 18 years of age or older on general voting day;
- a Canadian citizen;
- a resident of B.C. for at least 6 months immediately before the day of registration;
- not be disqualified by any enactment from voting in an election or otherwise disqualified by law; and
- be a resident in the City of Port Moody for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration.
What forms of identification are accepted?
- present two pieces of valid identification (at least one with a signature) to prove residency and identity; or
- present two pieces of identification (at least one with a signature) that provides evidence of identity, and make a solemn declaration as to place of residence.
- BC Driver’s Licence
- BCID Card issued by the Motor Vehicle Branch
- Owner’s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle Licence issued by ICBC
- BC CareCard, Gold CareCard, or BC Services Card
- Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation Form HR 81
- Social Insurance Card
- Citizenship Card
- property tax notice
- utility bill
- credit card issued by a savings institution
- debit card issued by a savings institution
Last updated: 22/08/2018 4:17:20 PM