Non-Resident Property Elector Information
If you are not a Port Moody resident but own property in the City, you may be eligible to register as a non-resident property elector. A non-resident property elector must be a registered owner of real property in the City of Port Moody for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration, and meet the following three requirements:
To register as a non-resident property elector, you must provide:
- 18 years of age or older on general voting day;
- a Canadian citizen; and
- a resident of B.C. for at least 6 months immediately before the day of registration.
Pick up an application for registration as a non-resident property elector from either:
- two pieces of identification (at least one with a signature) to prove identity;
- satisfactory proof (e.g. current title search) that you are entitled to register in relation to the real property; and
- if applicable, written consent from a majority of the other registered owners of the property.
What forms of identification are accepted?
- the Chief Election Officer at City Hall, 100 Newport Drive, Port Moody during regular office hours prior to 5pm on Friday, October 19, 2018; or
- an election official at voting locations for advance or general voting, during voting hours.
- BC Driver’s Licence
- BCID Card issued by the Motor Vehicle Branch
- Owner’s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle Licence issued by ICBC
- BC CareCard, Gold CareCard, or BC Services Card
- Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation Form HR 81
- Social Insurance Card
- Citizenship Card
- property tax notice
- utility bill
- credit card issued by a savings institution
- debit card issued by a savings institution
Last updated: 22/08/2018 4:20:27 PM