Skip to page body Home City Government Services Parks & Recreation Arts & Culture Discover Port Moody Business Online Services
 Non-Resident Propoerty Owner Banner

Non-Resident Property Elector Information

If you are not a Port Moody resident but own property in the City, you may be eligible to register as a non-resident property elector. A non-resident property elector must be a registered owner of real property in the City of Port Moody for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration, and meet the following three requirements:
  • 18 years of age or older on general voting day;
  • a Canadian citizen; and
  • a resident of B.C. for at least 6 months immediately before the day of registration.
To register as a non-resident property elector, you must provide:
  • two pieces of identification (at least one with a signature) to prove identity;
  • satisfactory proof (e.g. current title search) that you are entitled to register in relation to the real property; and
  • if applicable, written consent from a majority of the other registered owners of the property.
Pick up an application for registration as a non-resident property elector from either:
  • the Chief Election Officer at City Hall, 100 Newport Drive, Port Moody during regular office hours prior to 5pm on Friday, October 19, 2018; or
  • an election official at voting locations for advance or general voting, during voting hours.
What forms of identification are accepted?
  • BC Driver’s Licence
  • BCID Card issued by the Motor Vehicle Branch
  • Owner’s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle Licence issued by ICBC
  • BC CareCard, Gold CareCard, or BC Services Card
  • Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation Form HR 81
  • Social Insurance Card
  • Citizenship Card
  • property tax notice
  • utility bill
  • credit card issued by a savings institution
  • debit card issued by a savings institution 
Last updated: 22/08/2018 4:20:27 PM