Have a great time on the water at Rocky Point Park!
- The daily launch, retrieval and parking pass for 2015 is $19.55 (includes GST) per day. The 2016 fee is $20.10 (includes GST) per day. Permits are available at the ticket dispenser near the launch (credit cards only). Debit card and cash payments are available at the Recreation Complex (limited hours).
- Parking is for vehicles with trailers only at the following areas: Rocky Point Boat Launch; behind Pajo's & along Esplanade (see posted signage). There may limited overflow parking at the West Coast Express parking lot on weekends only, but check signage as it may be restricted due to Skytrain construction.
- A valid launch and parking permit must be displayed in your vehicle, wherever you park.
Green Tips for Boaters
As we enjoy the summer boating season, it offers the opportunity to extend the environmental stewardship practices that you put in play at home and with your car through green boating practices to protect Burrard Inlet and other coastal waters of BC. One of the easiest things you can do is to reduce unncessary idling of marine engines. Idling of marine engines can contribute carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen oxides (NOx) which pollute our airshed and contribute to climate change.
Boaters can help to reduce pollution by:
- looking to reduce total fuel consumption through the boating season by smart boating techniques such as planing, minimizing time with open throttle and planning trips
- eliminating unncessary idling by turning off the motor when you are tied up at dock
- ensuring proper maintenance of your boat motor by following recommended maintenance schedule and keeping boat battery properly charged. This has the added side benefit of avoiding disappointment when a boat won't start or run properly properly after launch
- ensuring that your propeller is is good shape and sized properly
- don't overload your boat as excess weight will use additional fuel
- protecting the marine environment by avoiding spilling fuel
Read more green boating tips
Annual launch fees
Port Moody also sells an annual boat launch, retrieval and parking pass. 2016 annual passes are available for purchase starting on December 1st at the Port Moody Recreation Complex during business hours.
Port Moody Residents* $153.25 + tax
Note: Only one pass at resident rate allowed; otherwise non-resident fee applies. Must show driver’s license & other proof of residency (eg: current Hydro or Telus bill) plus vehicle registration.
*By the following Council Resolution, Burnaby residents are entitled to pay the Port Moody rate:
THAT the mutual co-operation between the two municipalities in building and maintaining the Rocky Point Ramp be recognized by the policy statement of the City Council that Burnaby citizens will always be treated in the same way as Port Moody citizens with respect to the privilege and cost of using the Ramp.
Non-Residents $268.90 + tax
Last updated: 16/12/2015 4:49:13 PM