|The Tri-City R.E.A.C.H. Awards recognizes the generous contributions of individual youth, youth groups, businesses, organizations, and adult mentors in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody who empower, celebrate, and/or impact youth or the community in significant ways. This year’s event will celebrate the artistic beauty and magnificence of the natural world. Nature will inspire the evening’s events, décor and entertainment.
Please nominate a youth or youth advocate who has contributed to the community or positively supported youth (11 to 18 years). NOTE: All eligible nominees will be recognized and expected to attend the REACH Awards Ceremony on Wednesday May 9, 2018, 6pm-8pm at the Inlet Theatre/Galleria – 100 Newport DR, Port Moody.
Individual Youth or Youth Groups:
• Individual youth or members of youth group must be in grades 6-12.
• Examples include:
o Nominee(s) volunteered consistently on behalf of others, the community, and/or the environment.
o Nominee has been a positive role model for their peers and/or is committed to community service.
o Individual has overcome adversity in his/her life.
Businesses or Organizations:
• Any local non-profit, private or public organizations such as: community service organizations, stores, restaurants or government agencies who have made a positive contribution to youth.
• Examples include: providing funding, space, fundraising initiatives, creating positive opportunities, offering free or low-cost youth programs, specializing in youth employment, influencing safety for young workers, etc.
Individual Adult Mentor:
• An adult who volunteers or works for the benefit of youth. Nominee must be a positive role model who has made a special effort to support youth in the community.
• Examples include: coach, teacher, youth worker/counsellor, mentor, neighbour, friend, etc.