The Mountain Bike Task Force was established to develop a policy framework for the management of mountain biking on City-owned parkland. The task forces work included:
- Review of existing policies for mountain biking in Port Moody parks;
- Review of literature on environmental impacts from mountain biking in riparian areas;
- Review existing plans and policies including trail maps;
- Site visits to areas of community concern;
- Recommendations for management tools; and
- Consideration of a public workshop and/or public display to seek input from the community at large.
On July 8, 2008 Council endorsed the recommendations in the final report prepared by the Mountain Bike Task Force. View the final report.
Last updated: 29/09/2011 4:42:25 PM