Celebrate Port Moody's first ever Car-Free Day!
When: Sunday, August 20, 2017, from 12 noon to 7pm
Where: St. Johns Street, between Douglas Street and Moody Street
We’re taking over a section of St. Johns Street for a community celebration, filled with local businesses and artisans, delicious food, live music, and activities for all ages. Here's a sample of what you'll see on August 20:
- live music, including folk-rock artist Greg Drummond, and The Rhythm Method, an eight-piece R&B, funk, pop, and rock band that plays hits from the ’60s right through to today;
- great food, available from local restaurants;
- Brewers Row Beer Garden at Queens Street Plaza;
- family-friendly activities, like rock climbing, street hockey, face painting, and a bicycle skills and safety zone;
- roving entertainers and mascots;
- 65+ booths presented by local businesses and artisans; and
- electric vehicle demonstrations.
Car-free days across the country aim to inspire people to get out of their cars, interact with each other, and explore alternative modes of transportation. Bring your friends, and bring your family, but leave the car at home!