Interested community groups must fill out and submit a grant application form by January 31 of each year. Please submit an electronic copy of your completed form via email to email@example.com, or a paper copy to the General Manager of Finance and Technology (Port Moody City Hall, 100 Newport Drive). Please note, groups seeking funds for festivals or events are asked to apply for grants through the Festival and Special Event Assistance Program.
The following general principles may be used to determine funding allocations:
- the availability of funds budgeted for grants and donations;
- the extent to which a demonstrated need in the community will be addressed and to which the City’s corporate goals and objectives are met;
- the degree to which the grant will promote the well-being and quality of life of Port Moody residents;
- the extent to which the organization has attempted to obtain other sources of funding, e.g. through corporate sponsorships or fundraising campaigns;
- the extent to which the funds are expended in Port Moody;
- the needs of the organization requesting funding;
- the extent to which any benefits will be directed towards youth, people with disabilities, and seniors;
- and the extent to which volunteers are involved and community spirit is fostered.
All eligible applications will be forwarded to Port Moody’s Citizen Advisory Group (CAG) for their consideration. The CAG is made up of more than 250 Port Moody residents of all ages who volunteer their time to provide input on City issues. Council seeks feedback from the CAG on a variety of topics, from budgets and master plans to new City projects and community development.
CAG members will review eligible applications and make a recommendation to Council as to which applications should be approved. Council will approve all final awards.
Last updated: 29/04/2019 12:53:21 PM