The goal of the City’s Artist Grant Program is to provide small grants to help Port Moody artists complete art-related projects, or to assist event organizers in realizing small events. Grants are intended to provide one-time funding rather than annual funding, and are not available to individuals or groups receiving other funds or fee waivers from the City. Applicants may apply for up to $1,000; the award may be less than the amount requested.
Examples of eligible art-related projects or events include:
- a small community event that needs assistance with paying for liability insurance, advertising, and/or performers;
- a Port Moody artist who wishes to take part in an exhibition;
- a band that wants to rent some equipment for a performance; or
- an artist or group that needs assistance with covering the cost of a facility rental.
If you are seeking annual financial assistance and/or in-kind support to host a festival or event in Port Moody, please visit the City’s Festival and Special Event Assistance Program webpage.
This grant program is open to:
- individual artists (or artist collectives) living in Port Moody; and
- individuals/groups wishing to host an event/activity for the benefit of Port Moody residents.
Eligible project expenses include:
- artist fees;
- artist supplies;
- event supplies;
- event programming;
- exhibition fees; and
The Arts Artist Grant Program is not intended to provide operating funding or ongoing/annual funding, and cannot be used to pay for an organizer’s time or an organizer’s staff time.
This program is NOT open to:
- organizations or individuals currently receiving other forms of financial assistance from the City of Port Moody, including fee waivers;
- larger, established events;
- projects and events that do not have an arts focus
For more information contact Devin Jain, Cultural Services Manager at 604.469.4689.
Andy Warhol Dollar Sign 1982
©The Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh.
Last updated: 23/02/2017 3:35:11 PM