1. Port Moody residents living in a single-family home can pick up a coupon for 50% off the purchase of Nematodes at the Finance Counter at Port Moody City Hall, 100 Newport Drive. Nematodes are tiny worms that live in the soil. When applied correctly, these worms kill Chafer Beetle grubs without harming plants, people or pets.
- Coupons are available at the Finance Department counter from Monday, May 14 to Friday, May 25 between 8:30am and 4:30pm (please note the Finance Counter is closed on weekends, and will be closed Monday, May 21, 2018 for Victoria Day)
- You must present picture ID to prove residency in order to get a coupon
- Limit one coupon per household on a first-come, first-served basis
2. Drop in or call Art Knapp Plantland and Florist at 604.942.7518 to order your Nematodes. Art Knapp is located at 1300 Dominion Ave, Port Coquitlam. Art Knapp will contact customers when Nematodes are ready for pick-up.
3. You must present your coupon when picking up your Nematodes. With the coupon, you’ll pay $24.99 plus taxes. Art Knapp staff will provide application instructions at time of purchase. One package can be used to cover 2,000 square feet, and contains a mix of two or more species from the Heterorhabditis (seekers) and Steinernema (stationary) strains of nematode.
Proper Nematode application includes irrigating an infested lawn for approximately 2 hours before use. The City of Port Moody will grant one (1) temporary exemption from Metro Vancouver watering restrictions free of charge for residents applying Nematodes. Permits are only issued under Stage 1 and 2 water restrictions.
- The City of Port Moody will grant one (1) temporary exemption from current watering restrictions free of charge for residents applying Nematodes.
- To qualify, the applicant must show proof of nematode purchase at the second floor counter at City Hall, 100 Newport Dr. Applications can only be made in person
- The application is only valid for 21 days.
- Even with this permit, applicants may only water between 4am and 9am, Monday to Sunday.
- Download the lawn watering application form.