On March 5 the City of Port Moody held a Budget Town Hall Meeting to give you a chance to talk to us about taxes.
2015 Budget Booklet
2015-2019 Draft Financial Plan Public Consultation
2015-2019 Draft Financial Plan
We still want to hear your opinions. Choose from several other ways to engage in the budget conversation:
Learn more about Port Moody’s Budget Consultation Process
What drives our budget process?
- Council’s Strategic Plan articulates high level community goals & objectives.
- Our Staff Business Plan identifies measurable departmental tasks to meet Council’s Strategic Plan
- Our Financial Plan attaches the resources to achieve the Business Plan.
Here’s how we set our financial plan:
- Staff got to work drafting their budgets in the summer of 2014.
- Our Executive Leadership Team reviewed and prioritized service levels in September 2014.
- We get your input February through March through our website & a town hall meeting set for March 5.
- Council deliberates the budget from January to April 2015, and adopts the budget & tax rates by May 15, 2015.
What drives the budget?
The delivery of services drives the budget! The level and mix of services delivered is driven by a number of factors including:
- Increased Growth/Diversity/Activity: more people of all ages and genders are demanding more services.
- Reduced Senior Government Funding: more and more, local governments have to financially fend for themselves.
- Legislation/Regulations: higher federal and provincial standards, stewardship and reporting increase the cost of doing business.
Last updated: 10/05/2017 3:14:35 PM