The City of Port Moody completes a five-year financial plan to address community priorities in a fiscally responsible manner. We update the financial plan every year.
How does the City develop its financial plan?
- City Council approves the preparation of the five-year financial plan.
- The Financial Services Department addresses the financial position with the City's management team.
- The Financial Services Department coordinates budget submissions from the departments.
- The City's Executive Leadership Team meets several times to finalize the proposed Five-Year Financial Plan for Council's review.
- The proposed Five-Year Financial Plan is presented to Council.
- Financial Plan Bylaw is prepared according to Council decisions, given three readings and adopted.
Why does Port Moody prepare a financial plan?
It’s important to have a financial plan to properly manage the City’s finances and to :
- provide City staff with clear direction and the authority to pay for services for Port Moody residents
- ensure City staff are accountable to the residents
- meet the requirements of the Local Government Act.
2014 SLT Budget Debrief
2014 Draft Financial Plan
2014 - 2018 Operating Master
2014 - 2018 Capital Budget Summary
Last updated: 20/05/2014 8:33:14 AM